Lemon dijon honey vinaigrette is the perfect salad dressing recipe for all your spring and summer salad recipes. It’s the perfect combination of tangy lemon and dijon with calming sweet honey. I love making my salad dressing because I can control the quality of the ingredients. Let’s talk about it more!
Homemade Salad Dressing
Making my own salad dressing has been super beneficial and healthy. Often people think salads are the key to getting healthy. This is true, however, if you cover those beautiful healthy ingredients in store-bought salad dressings, you are undoing the benefits of the veggies. Companies make most salad dressings with an unhealthy amount of sodium, sugar, and preservatives. Below I listed a few more reasons you should make the switch from store-bought salad dressings to healthy and clean homemade salad dressings and vinaigrette.
- store-bought salad dressings contain much more sodium than needed
- Many salad dressings contain additives that are not only hard to pronounce, but hard to digest.
- These additives are genetically modified and added simply to create a certain color and taste.
- Labels can get confusing. It’s easy to get overwhelmed by titles like “organic”, “healthy”, “all-natural”, “low-fat”, “sugar-free”, etc. FDA guidelines and technicalities can be confusing. Save yourself time and make your own!
- homemade dressings have the power and flavor of real fresh ingredients
Lemon Dijon Honey Vinaigrette Ingredient
I like to keep it simple and use fresh ingredients when I am putting a recipe together. What I love most about this recipe is how clean and fresh the ingredients are. Don’t worry, you probably have most of these in your pantry or fridge.
- EVOO- extra virgin olive oil has health benefits and is the go-to base for vinaigrettes.
- Lemon Juice- I’ll let you in on a little secret, I love lemon, and as often as possible; I cook with it! Lemon adds the perfect base to any vinaigrette. Also, I like to use greens like kale in my salads to add a few extra nutrients. Lemon does a good of softening greens before serving.
- Dijon Mustard- adds the perfect little zing to the recipe!
- Honey- balances all the flavors. We have some strong flavors in this lemon dijon honey vinaigrette; the honey brings it all together.
- Salt & Pepper- you cannot forget a little sprinkle of salt and pepper for flavor
Now, the moment we’ve all been waiting for…. THE RECIPE!