Fresh zucchini & chickpeas cooked in a creamy and flavorful curry sauce served over rice.
- white onion, diced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsps minced garlic cloves
- grated garlic ginger paste
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
- 14oz full-fat coconut milk or any other non-dairy milk you’d like
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 15oz cans of chickpeas, drained
- 1 zucchini, diced into triangles
- 1–2 handfuls of fresh kale
- 1 tsp salt (salt to taste)
- Add the oil and diced onion to a pan over medium heat.
- Cook the onions until they are translucent, then add the garlic & ginger. Stir to combine and cook for 1 minute.
- Add your spices and salt to the pan. Stir to combine and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the crushed tomato sauce and broth. Stir to combine. Bring the sauce to a boil then add your zucchini and chickpeas. Bring the sauce to a boil again, then cover and decrease the heat to low. Let the sauce simmer for 20 minutes. Don’t forget to stir once or twice to prevent sticking.
- Gently add the coconut milk to the pan. Stir to combine and let the sauce simmer for 5 more minutes. Taste the sauce at this point, and adjust the salt level if needed.
- Turn the heat off and add your kale. Serve over rice.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dinner
Keywords: zucchini, kale, chickpeas