Hot honey is my new favorite thing, and this is the best hot honey recipe around! It perfectly combines sweet honey and striking spice. I’ve been drizzling it all over everything from pizza to chicken and I often use it in herbal tea when my little ones are under the weather. Keep reading for more ways to use hot honey and the easiest recipe around.
Hot Honey Ingredient
This recipe only has 4 ingredients, and most likely you already have these ingredients in your pantry. That’s right, sis, you can make this easy hot honey recipe today! Now let’s get into it!
- Honey– Obviously, this is the most important ingredient! I like to use honey that is local because supporting local businesses is important. I usually buy honey from a local Louisiana honey farm nearby. However, pick whatever honey you love the most or have on hand.
- Red Pepper Flakes– Spice is the second most important ingredient. I like to use red pepper flakes because it has the “slow burn” effect. The heat won’t be overpowering either, just the perfect amount of spice to complement the sweetness of the honey.
- Apple Cider Vinegar– ACV adds a little razzle dazzle to the recipe! It adds the perfect amount of twang to the recipe.
- Sea Salt– Just a sprinkle is all you need!
Hot Honey Uses
You can drizzle this delicious honey over many foods. Also, it is a great addition to a hone remedy. I have a close friend who is Hatian. She often makes her children a cup of herbal tea with a squeeze of lime, a little spice and honey when they’re feeling a little under the weather. When I last made this recipe, I added a tablespoon to the herbal tea and lime mixture. Thos was a game changer! It’s so fun to try new things and learn. Below are more fun ways to use spicy honey.
- drizzle over pizza
- add it to your next charcuterie board
- serve with soft cheeses like brie
- on a chicken sandwich
- serve with breakfast, it’ll be great for breakfast sandwiches
- drizzle over salmon
- hot toddy
Here I’ll answer a few popular questions. Firstly, it doesn’t take very long to create this recipe. Simply pop all the ingredients into a medium saucepan, stir to combine, and let it cook on low for 15 minutes. Be careful not to raise the heat to high because you do not want to burn it! I made that mistake once and my house smelled of burnt honey for a few days! Once you’ve cooked the honey, remove it from the heat. I like to let it cool for about 10 minutes before I place it in a jar. The honey keeps for a very long time as long as you keep it covered in a cool place. I like to place my honey in the fridge.Print