Fresh tomatoes, avocados, red onions, and a squeeze of lime juice are the perfect combination. Tomato avocado salad can be a great snack, side dish, or topping.
Tomato Avocado Salad Ingredients
- Roma Tomatoes- I used fresh roma tomatoes because they’re my favorite. Roma tomatoes are flavorful and the basis for this salad.
- Red Onion- Adds the perfect zing and flavor to this salad.
- Avocados- Fresh ripe avocados are everything for this recipe. I chopped them into little squares and tossed them in. I love the texture they create.
- Minced Garlic- You cannot have a delicious tomato avocado salad without garlic to bring all the flavors together.
- Cumin- I added a dash of cumin to bring all the flavors together.
- Sea Salt- Every dish deserves a splash of salt
- Lime juice- these flavors are desperate for lime juice to bring it all together
- Fresh Cilantro- I know some people don’t favor this herb but this dish calls for the zing of fresh cilantro
What to Serve with Avocado Salad
What makes this recipe so amazing is how versatile it is. Below, here are a few ways to enjoy it.
- Snack- I love throwing this together and munching on it during snack time. My kids enjoy it with tortilla chips.
- Side dish- this is great served next to tacos, chili lime fish, grilled chicken, or cilantro lime rice
- Salad- Yes, I know this is already a salad, but you can add romaine lettuce, black beans, and/or roasted corn kernels and jazz it up
- Taco Stuffing- Next time you make tacos, stuff a little of this inside and send your tastebuds on an adventure
- Topping- After baking fish or grilling chicken, this salad would be a great topping